Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Typical Shopping with the Day's

We decided to do a little shopping tonight. I had to return some jeans and pillow cases and that was going to be it. Well....you know us and stores, we can't just run in and run out. What was supposed to be a minute trip turned into 4 hours of shopping and dinner (where else but O'Charley's of course-they do have "hot bread"!)

So we run to Tanger where Cohen wants to push the stroller (into other people and racks of clothing) When we finally say "enough" no more pushing, he finds a "BELT HOUSE"!! "Yes!" he says, "I didn't know they had one of these here! I'm going in." He then proceedes to climb around in the "belt house" until the worker gives us dirty looks and we tell him to get out. (Hey, I used to be that person too, now a days, if he wants to climb under, in, around, through, ect. the clothes----go for it! It gives me time to look and I know where he is!) Anway, after he gets out of the "belt house" he finds the lotions. He HAS to smell them ALL!! "OOOOOO! This one smells good, smell it" We smell. He puts it down. "OOOOOOOOO! This one smells good, smell it". Jeremy and I pretend to smell each one as we are looking for clothes and trying to entertain Evan who of course is in our arms because he LOVES to be held. He got shots today too so he is not really feeling like shopping.....we keep at it anyway!!! Hey, we love new stuff too! So we sniff, shop, switch arms, sniff, shop, switch arms, on and on! We have had enough of the GAP. We pay for our items--totaling an unforseen amount of money becasue we are so distracted by the boys that we just throw stuff on the counter. And we leave.

We move on to Banana Republic and have the same crazy time until.......yep, Evan poops his pants!! There is no bathroom in BR of course so we have to go out into the freezing, cold wind, while trying to keep Evan warm and change him on the COLD leather seats of Jeremys' truck. Whew! We made it. On to more shopping......

Next we decide to go into Aeropastle (full of young people not feeling our pain) Cohen finds a "track" (i.e spaces between the crowded racks) and starts "getting some excersise!" He runs and runs! We corral him up as Evan begins getting hungry. We decide we better go becasue Cohen has also hollered for the 45th time that he is hungry! We go eat and still are not done with our torture! On to Kohl's!!!!

Of course as soon as we arrive--Cohen has to POOP! He makes sure to holler "I need to poop" so all those around us can hear. It's my turn!!!! I take him to the "family" bathroom where they have a small toilet just for kids. Cohen let's me know that it will take him about 20 minutes. Typical male! I tell him it better be quicker than that. I rush him. Poor thing. He gets done and we leave. He yells to Jeremy across the customer service area that they have a toilet in there just for "titties" Everyone looks at us of course because a 4 year old just hollered "titties" across the store. Of course we know he is saying "kiddies" They have a toilet just for kiddies! We smile and move on. Evan is grumpy and tired, Cohen is hungry--again! We keep laughing and shopping.

Finally at 7:30 we decided we have done enough damage and head for home! We arrive and I look in the bags at all my new stuff!!! What?? I bought this.......

Anyone want to go shopping with us next time???? Better yet, anyone want to babysit while we go shopping!!!

P.S. A "belt house" is a place Cohen invented. You know, where they hang all the belts and they dangle down. It's the perfect place for a kid to hide and make a house!!!

No comments: