Thursday, April 9, 2009

Atlantic Station

We decided to spend the beautiful day today at Atlantic Station and had SO much fun. On the way Christy called and asked what we were doing or where we were (something of the sort) and I said "we are at Atlantic Station just hanging out." We chatted for a few seconds and then hung up. Cohen then reminded me that "we ALWAYS tell the truth, Mommy. You know like when you are picking your nose and your mommy says 'are you picking your nose' you have to say yes because if you say no that is a lie. You said we are at Atlantic Station and we are not hanging out in Atlantic Station we are riding in the truck. You need to remember to always say the truth!" So sorry Christy. I should have said "we are riding in the truck getting ready to park and then hang out!!!!"

So anyway, we had a great time. Well.....Jeremy, Cohen and I did---Evan, not so much. He had his shot yesterday and I think he is cutting teeth so he was pretty miserable and grumpy the whole day. We kept him a little happy with Puffs and bottles----the boy LOVES to eat! I decided that the old phrase, "if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy" should be changed to--"if baby ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!" No really---he was fussy, but we still had a good time. We went to IKEA and got lots of good deals and Cohen acted like it was Disney World the whole time! He was in awe and kept saying "ooohh look at that!!!!" He said it like 100,000,000 times!!!! It was funny. I am sure people thought, "poor kid, they never take him anywhere!!"

Atfer loading up all our goodies from IKEA, we drove around the underground parking deck trying to find a good spot and Jeremy ran a stop sign. Well, of course our good samaritan in the back seat let him know rather quickly that "he was supposed to stop and he better be glad there was not a police "ossifer" around or he would go to jail for a LLLLOOONNNGGG time!" Jeremy apologized and made sure to stop at EVERY. TINY. stop sign we passed. We parked, unloaded fussy pants and bossy pants and had a fun time walking around "the city" as Cohen calls it. Cohen kicked the soccer ball with some kids that were playing on the grassy knoll and we ate and walked and shopped! It was a good day!
At about 7:30 we decided we'd better head home. We had 1 diaper left and no bottles, so---it was time!!! When we got in the truck we had several fast food cups as souvenirs from the day. I needed to get rid of some and I looked all over for a trash can. I could not find one so I put them every so neatly on a light post near by. Oh goodness! What was I thinking?!?!?! I hear from the backseat--"mommy, is that litter bugging? You should always use a trash can or recycle your trash." He caught me!!! Lucky for me, he can not read yet and there was a sign right above where I put the cups that said something and had an arrow pointing straight down. I told him it said, "put trash here and we will recycle it." SSHHH!!! Don't tell him! We always tell the truth, and don't litter or we will go to jail for a LLLOOONNGG time!!!

No comments: