Thursday, March 12, 2009

9 months old!!!!!

I cannot believe that our little Evan is 9 months old. Actually he was nine months old 2 days ago, but I have been running a fever the last 2 days and could not post. The time is flying by.... too fast. He is just so sweet and cuddly, I want to hold him longer. I don't want these smiles to end. I get tears in my eyes when I think about him growing and changing so fast. He is just ABSOLUTELY adorable and perfect!!!
His hair is finally thickening up. He still has that bald spot in the back from all that rubbing of his head to fall asleep. He rolls on his tummy right when we put him down so hopefully the back will grow in soon. He seems to LOVE his belly although when he wakes up on it, he cries out for us. He can't seem to roll back over! He cries for a minute, we go in and hug him, put him down on his back, he rolls back over, and goes back to sleep. Kind of annoying, but oh so sweet!!!! Back to the hair...he has the funniest cow lick in the front which we love, but know he will hate in time. I am trying to "train" it to lay down, but it is not working!!!
He is wearing 9-12 month clothes now which is right on track. Funny how big he is considering how small he started!! He is just over 21 pounds. We moved him into Cohen's car seat and Cohen has a booster now. He seems to LOVE the roominess of the big boy seat and of course just laughs and laughs at Cohen while he is in it. He is still facing backward and will for at least 3 more months! He is much better in the car than Cohen was, Cohen cried all the time and we finally had to turn him around early! Evan will probably be fine until it is time.
He does not crawl yet and is more than happy to sit and watch Cohen or whatever is going on around him. He is trying got pull up, but his little legs just won't let him yet. He is beginning to rock on his hands and knees so it shouldn't be long!!! He can scoot around in a circle and backward so he does get around a little!!
He loves to hold the bottle which I don't really like! He actually prefers to lay on the floor or sit in a chair and feed himself. Don't get me wrong, sometimes this is VERY helpful, but I really like to hold him at bedtime. He would rather sit in his chair, drink his bottle, and have someone lay him down. We wrestle sometimes because I want to hold him and he wants down. He wins and I pout!!!! He is very good at picking up small foods which is really impressive for his age. He is showing a preference for his left hand so we will see if he is a lefty like Cohen!!!! He loves his puffs and has had bananas, and cheese puff like crackers by Gerber. He just shoves it all in which makes me nervous so I don't give it to him that often. He was eating 3 jars of baby food at each feeding, but now he has slowed back down to 2 a feeding. Thank goodness!! I thought he might eat us out of house and home. Don't tell Cohen, but I think his little brother might end up being his "big" brother before too long!! He loves food and LOVES to put objects (toys, leaves, dogs, paper, plastic bags, etc.) in his mouth. He loves to bang on the highchair when he's waiting food. He will definitely let us know if we are moving too slowly by growling, hollering, banging loudly, or crying. We can't put him in the chair until all the food is ready!!!!
He says dada, hey, and he calls Cohen something.....I am not sure what it is, but it is the same every time Cohen comes near. He doesn't say mama yet, but I am waiting!!! He says baba for his bottle sometimes. He has done sign language for more and all done. Actually he said "all done" once. It sounded so sweet. He is doing great with sign language. He will not sign eat because I think he is just too mad and hungry. He has the cutest little smack that tells me his is hungry though. He is also waving a lot. He is not quite sure what he is doing and can't do it on demand, but sometimes he just starts waving and then smiles. It is really cute. He loves playing peek-a-boo and has the cutest way of playing on his highchair. He puts his head down on the tray and then pops it up and wants you to say peek-a-boo!!!!
He is such a babbler, talking all the time, and has a great little personality...so sweet and easy going. But.......he knows what he wants and when he wants it.
I am trying to get more pictures of him (like I don't have enough!!), but now my camera is just DEAD. I AM getting one this weekend! I am missing too much of his cute sweetness! I have lots of video though!!!
I love you my precious Evan!!!

No comments: