We went to the Christmas parade tonight. It was COLD! I don't mean "wear a jacket" cold. I mean wear three layers, get a jacket, put on your gloves, pull up your hood, wrap in a blanket (or two, or three) COLD!
I knew we were planning on leaving at about 5:00 so I have the day planned accordingly. I perfectly time the boys nap so they will be well rested and happy. I put them down about 2 hours before we were going to leave. They didn't fall asleep until about 45 minutes before we were leaving. So of course that means I have to wake them up from their naps. Well, like his mommy, Cohen gets REALLY grouchy when someone wakes him up. When he finally decided he wanted to go and would put his clothes on we were set. You see, I wanted him to put on his long pajamas (like thermal underwear) and then put his clothes on top. "People don't wear their pajamas under their clothes" according to my darling 4 year old. It just isn't right. We argued the point, he took off the pj pants, I put them on, he yelled "it isn't right", I threaten to call Santa, he puts his hands on his hips and turns his back to me, I said we won't go then, and he finally gives in.!!! I LOVE winning!! Anyway, after the battle, I am rushing to get this and looking around for that. I am finally ready after going back into the house 2 times for forgotten things. And we are off! WITHOUT.....a coat. I forgot my coat!!!!!! The boys were warm and toasty all night, but mama froze!!!
The parade was nice but I was COLD!!!!! I watched the end from inside the car!
No comments:
Post a Comment