Thursday, December 11, 2008

6 months!!



Evan's 6 month birthday was yesterday! I can't believe how time has flown by. He is such a joy to have around. Always smiling and laughing at everyone and everything. He definitely loves mommy and daddy. He will be sitting perfectly content in his swing, excersaucer, etc. and when he sees Jeremy or myself--that's the end. He yelps for us to get him and carry him around. He loves to see the world from "way up high" instead of his short man view. He rarely cries and just lets us know that he needs something by making noises or banging his hands on the ground or seat or whatever he is in. Last night I was holding him right before bed and he was just staring at me. I tried not to look at him because every time I did, he'd make a little "gotcha" smile. It was SOOO cute. Jeremy and I were trying not to laugh. Anyway, I tried to ignore him because he needed to go to sleep, so he starting knocking his head into my chest and when I would look he would just smile. It was so cute how he was trying to get my attention.

He FINALLY rolled over on purpose. He did it on the last day that he was 5 months old!!! A little late, but rolling over all the same!!! One way mind you, but still, we were very proud. We all clapped and Cohen cheered from the bath tub. It was kind of weird, Cohen didn't even see him do it, but I said "yea Evan" and Cohen said, "did he roll over?" I don't know how he knew. Anyway, he barely made the cut off that "they" have. I was getting a little worried, but decided I enjoyed him being a baby even longer.

He goes down at night somewhere between 7 and 8 and sleeps until 7 in the morning. When he wakes up he just talks and looks around his room until Jeremy or I go get him up. Sometimes Cohen goes in for a morning visit before we can get in there and that just makes Evan's day. He starts kicking those legs and banging his hands on the bed. Cohen says "good morning Buddy, I'm here." It is so sweet and I just love watching them on the monitor. Evan has started "grabbing" Cohen's shirt when he wants him. If they are laying down together on the floor, Evan rolls on his side and grabs Cohen shirt and pulls himself closer. It is so funny. How does he know to do that??

He is eating dinner which consists of rice or oatmeal, sweet potatoes, apples, bananas, sweet peas, or carrots. He has some cereal and 1/2 jar of veggie and 1/2 jar of fruit each night. His favorite is by far bananas. He grunts and chomps if i don't give them to him fast enough. He doesn't care for peas too much but I can't blame him. I gag when i open the jar too. He has to have his greens though!!!!

He still loves to be bundled up at night and zipped up in a blanket bag. I hope they make those things for 2 year olds!!! He also still have his rigged up fleece crib sheet which is a blanket tucked around the edges.

He is sitting up supported and can "tripod" sit for a second. I am trying to snap a picture, but he topples over before i can get the darn picture taken! P.S.---I NEED a new camera!! Please tell Santa!

Well, that's an update on my 6 month old!! He is a pleasure and I just melt for those beautiful, blue, sparkling eyes every time he looks at me and smiles. Hence the reason the likes to be carried all the time!!!!

No comments: