What a WONDERFUL Christmas this has been! First of all, the boys have really been embracing the REAL meaning of Christmas. They are all totally in love with the baby Jesus from our nativity. They all treat Him so sweetly! They sing to Him, rock Him, give Him bottles, and make sure no harm is done to Him. It is VERY sweet. I hope and pray that they grow to love the Lord in the same way as adults!
One of our favorite activites this year has been dancing and singing to Christmas music. Evan absolutely loves it. LOVES. IT! He sneaks and turns on the stereo all throughout the day. Cooper loves to sing and dance too. He has even made up a song--"Baby Jesus, We love you!" It is so sweet. He walks around rocking baby Jesus and singing that song! Oh how I LOVE me some sweet, sweet Cooper! (Well, the two's have taken him over, but that will be a post for another day!)
On Christmas Eve, we waited patiently for Jeremy to get home from work. We wanted him to help us make cookies. As soon as he walked in we began making cookies. The cookies were the best ever! They were messy of course, but they looked really good! After they cooled we put icing on them and added sprinkles. LOTS OF SPRINKLES! 4 whole bottles to be exact!
The boys requested nuggets for Christmas Eve dinner--of course! So I found a recipe on my new favorite website.....you know it by now, PINTEREST! These nuggets are the "secret Chick-fil-A recipe". They were actually pretty good and the boys ate and ate and ate!
After dinner they each had a cookie of course! WITH. SPRINKLES.
And then it was time to track Santa and see about what time he would arrive. He would be in Atlanta at 11:01 according to the news. They boys were SCREAMING with excitement and were ready to head to bed!
All this talk of Santa caused various emotions in our house. Cooper was VERY confused. He wanted to SEE him. He kept looking out the door asking "when Santa comin'? I want to hug him. I not be shy. I not cry." He thought Santa was coming to see him and didn't understand that it was AFTER he went to sleep that he would come. He stood by the door and looked out the window for a while until we had to drag him to bed. Then he cried himself to sleep because he wanted to see Santa. It was REALLY sad and I hated that he didn't understand.

Saying good-bye was harder than I thought. Cooper cried and cried to hold him and hug him. Evan didn't want Christmas to end because Bainbridge would go away. He said Santa was naughty for taking him away! LOL! They do love Bainbridge!

Finally, everyone was asleep (Cohen sleeps in our room on Christmas Eve because he can not be trusted to stay away from the toys in the morning!)
Then the fun could begin! Santa unloaded the sleigh! Boy have they been good! Toys EVERYWHERE! It looks like the best Christmas yet........
........then came Christmas morning.
All this talk of Santa caused various emotions in our house. Cooper was VERY confused. He wanted to SEE him. He kept looking out the door asking "when Santa comin'? I want to hug him. I not be shy. I not cry." He thought Santa was coming to see him and didn't understand that it was AFTER he went to sleep that he would come. He stood by the door and looked out the window for a while until we had to drag him to bed. Then he cried himself to sleep because he wanted to see Santa. It was REALLY sad and I hated that he didn't understand.
Evan on the other hand was FREAKED out that a man was coming to the house after he went to sleep. He kept asking "Is that man gonna get me? I don't want him to come in my room. Let me look outside and see if he's coming."
Here are the littles looking out the door. Evan not wanting Santa to come near the house. Cooper looking to see if he can see Santa so he can hug and kiss him!
It took awhile to explain what would happen when Santa came......we wouldn't see him and he wouldn't stay long.....just drop of the toys and head out!
Then it was time for Christmas Eve traditions....the boys put on the new pj's Bainbridge left us on his last day, read The Night Before Christmas, put out Santa's cookies and the reindeer treats, and said good-bye to Bainbridge.
Saying good-bye was harder than I thought. Cooper cried and cried to hold him and hug him. Evan didn't want Christmas to end because Bainbridge would go away. He said Santa was naughty for taking him away! LOL! They do love Bainbridge!
Looking for Santa tracks in the sky....
Cohen leaving out the reindeer food.....
Finally, everyone was asleep (Cohen sleeps in our room on Christmas Eve because he can not be trusted to stay away from the toys in the morning!)
Then the fun could begin! Santa unloaded the sleigh! Boy have they been good! Toys EVERYWHERE! It looks like the best Christmas yet........
........then came Christmas morning.
Yay! A baby stroller! Yes, I know Cooper is a boy, but he is the BEST little daddy ever and takes such good care of his babies. (Wonder where he learns that from? Yes, JEREMY!!!! ) He wanted a baby stroller (or buggy as he calls it) so Santa came through and brought him one! Complete with a new baby and a bottle that has disappearing milk!

Cooper checking out his stash!
Cohen spots the big surprise gift......
a new flat screen TV!
Reading the letter from Santa and Bainbridge! Santa loved the sprinkles...er, I mean cookies! He left a note saying how good they were. The cookies. Not the sprinkles.
Battleship!
All the boys LOVE candy.....the stockings were full of it!
A bottle for the new baby!
Toy Story Wii game and DS "tool kit"!
More candy...tic tacs!
And of course, the all time favorite.....chapstick!
I think this was the BEST Christmas ever! Merry Christmas! I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for our sweet, little family!
2 comments:
Looks like y'all had an amazing Christmas with your boys! Hope 2012 is good to you!
Thanks Laura! We really did have a great Christmas! I hope you have a GREAT 2012 too!
Post a Comment