Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Christmas Story

For a few weeks now, it seems we have been living in a real life version of The Christmas Story--you know...the movie they play 100 times in December?

And here's why......

1. Cohen ordered that spy pen weeks ago and has been waiting and waiting for it to arrive. He checks the mail EVERYDAY. EVERY. DAY. to see if it's here. It never is. I feel like I live with the kid from The Christmas Story...I don't know his name....the one that is waiting on the secret decoder!?!?!

2. The boys want Ovaltine every night in their milk......you get it? Remember the secret code on the boys decoder when it finally arrived was "drink more Ovaltine"??

3. Cooper eats like a little piggy just like the kid brother in the movie! I mean head down, mouth in plate, and food flying everywhere!

4. Then today....to top it ALL off! I got all my fingers super glued together....and I felt like the kid with his tongue stuck to the frozen pole! (Why did I need super glue you ask? One word......EVAN!)

I guess I should say.....Merry Christmas!

I'm just waiting for a package to show up at our door with a tall leg lamp in it!!!!!

1 comment:

Gail Mitchell said...

Amy, this was so cute!!! You are the best mom in the world. I always look forward to hearing what is going on around your house. Never a dull moment. I remember those days. My one son made up for all 3 girls. I don't know how you do it. By the GRACE of God. Take care!!